Millions of Canadians are preparing to get a glimpse of the solar eclipse! Some have traveled to the United States embarking on a journey through Oregon to South Carolina in hopes to be in the path of totality for a total solar eclipse experience.
If you are in Canada during the solar eclipse don’t worry you will still get to witness a partial eclipse! The peak coverage will be in Toronto at 2:30 ET – you will get to see a 72% eclipse!
As you embark on this journey of a lifetime in hopes to witness even a partial solar eclipse there are many important safety tips to remember:
- Do not look directly into the path of the Solar Eclipse unless you are wearing eclipse glasses
- Make sure to check the authenticity of the glasses prior to viewing the eclipse
- If your glasses are scratched or damaged discard them
- Be sure to plan ahead and arrive early to your viewing destination
- Be prepared for heavy traffic, delays and gas shortages when traveling
- DO NOT take photos while driving
- If you get caught on the road during the eclipse turn your headlights on
- Make sure you have plenty of gas
- Do not park on the highway or in median crossings
- Watch out for increased pedestrian activity
- Make sure to keep your animals inside during the eclipse.
- Prepare for the temperature to drop during the eclipse! They could decrease by as much as 20-30 degrees!
Remember these safety tips as you watch the partial eclipse!
Cariati Law – Passion Behind Every Case