Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect
Elder abuse has reached epic proportions today.
While many elder care and nursing home facilities provide excellent care and a nurturing environment, the unfortunate truth is that many do not. This negligence leads to unexplained death, serious injury and preventable illness.
TORONTO, MISSISSAUGA AND HAMILTON, ONTARIO NURSING HOME ABUSE LAWYERS
Every year there are more horrible reports of nursing home abuse on the part of care providers we wanted to trust. The Ontario, Canada nursing home abuse lawyers at Cariati Law are dedicated to nursing home reform. You have a right to expect more out of the nursing industry.
Ontario, Canada nursing home abuse and neglect occurs when a nursing home causes injury by not taking proper care of a resident. Abuse is not always easy to discover, but the signs of abuse can make themselves evident in several ways. Visit our Signs of Abuse section to see some common examples of nursing home abuse and neglect or to contact an Ontario, Canada nursing home abuse lawyer today.
The easiest way to uncover abuse or neglect is to communicate with your loved one. Give the resident every opportunity to tell you about neglect or abuse. If the resident mentions being neglected or abused, look for some of the common physical signs of nursing home abuse and neglect.
• Untreated bedsores
• Open wounds, cuts, bruises, or welts
• Torn clothing or broken personal items
• Bruises in a pattern that would suggest restraints
• Excessive and sudden weight loss
• Fleas, lice, or dirt on the resident or in the resident’s room
• Abnormally pale complexion
• Fecal/urine odors
• Poor personal hygiene or other unattended health problems
Signs of a Careless Staff include:
• Lack of proper heating or cooling in the nursing home
• Caregiver’s inability to explain the resident’s condition
• Caregiver’s refusal to allow visitors to see resident alone
• Caregiver allowing the resident to wander off the premises
• Sudden change in the resident’s medication
At Cariati Law injury& disability lawyers, our first focus is helping you, listening to you, and letting you know everything you can do to help your loved one. Our Ontario, Canada nursing home abuse lawyers are committed to helping you and using our legal expertise to eliminate nursing home abuse and neglect in Ontario, Canada. The more clients we help, the closer our community comes to having nursing homes that are free from abuse and neglect.
Contact a Cariati Law Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Lawyer in Ontario, Canada. Each and every Ontario, Canada injury & disability lawyer at our firm is innovative, aggressive and result-oriented when serving the diverse legal needs of our clients. Our lawyers are committed to protecting your rights.
Click here for a Free Case Evaluation or call TOLL FREE: 1.888.629.8040.