There are 8.4 million motorcycles on the road throughout Canada. Motorcyclists face more dangers than drivers of cars and trucks, just from the shear fact that they have nothing protecting them while riding. The fact is, that 1 in 10 motorcycle accidents involve a fatality, so drivers and bikers need to be as safe, and careful as possible when riding.
Deaths caused by motorcycle accidents have continued to increase year over year. In 2014 motorcycle fatalities accounted for 11.4% of all motor vehicle deaths. There are a number of easy steps riders and drivers can take to help keep our roads safer for motorcyclists.
Here are some motorcycle accident prevention tips according to CBC News:
- Wear an Approved Good Quality Helmet – You are required by law to wear a helmet when riding, so make sure your helmet is the best quality, and passes requirements
- Give Vehicles Space – Be aware of the space between you and the vehicle around you
- Consider Traction Issues – Watch out for potholes and be aware of rough patches or sand on the road.
- Are You Visible? – Wear bright clothing, make sure you have reflector, and that all lights are working properly on your bike.
- Be Careful When Passing – As a biker, you can see the other vehicles around you, but often times cars don’t see you. A blind spot can prevent a driver from seeing you, so be mindful of this when passing, and especially when making a left hand turn.
- SLOW DOWN – Ride the speed limit.
Read the full article here.
Let’s Strive to keep 2017 a safe driving year for everyone because an Ontario, Canada. Motorcycle accidents can have a devastating impact on your life.
If you or a loved one has been injured a motorcycle accident call Cariati Law for help.
Our experienced motorcycle accident lawyers will work hard to protect your rights, and handle all of the legal details surrounding your motorcycle accident case. When hurt in an accident, make one call to Cariati Law.
Cariati Law, passion behind every case.