We depend greatly on the healthcare industry to keep us safe and to provide correct and precise medical care and advice.
But sometimes, hospitals, healthcare providers and pharmacists do make mistakes, and innocent children and adults suffer.
According to the National Academy of Medicine, each year more people die from medical errors than from motor vehicle accidents (43,458), breast cancer (42,297), or AIDS (16,516). Researchers feel that as many as 180,000 people fall victim to the mistakes of doctors, nurses, pharmacists, hospital staff and other healthcare professionals resulting in devastating injuries, permanent disabilities and death.
Medical malpractice, also called medical negligence, occurs on the part of a physician or other health care provider in a variety of ways, which may include:
• Failure to diagnosis a disease or condition
• A surgical or anesthesia accident
• Failure to obtain informed consent for a medical procedure
• Failure to properly treat a disease after a correct diagnosis
• Improper use of prescription drugs, medical devices or implants
Medical malpractice can also include any professional misconduct carried out by a physician, such as:
• Obtaining a professional license fraudulently
• Practicing the profession fraudulently or beyond its authorized scope
• Practicing while impaired by alcohol, drugs, physical disability, or mental disability
• Being a habitual abuser of alcohol, or being dependent on or a habitual user of drugs
The medical malpractice lawyers at Cariati Law will apply their distinguished skills to research and determine how your medical injury occurred and conclude whom, if anyone, was at fault. Our lawyers will explain the technical aspects of each case in an understandable manner in order for our clients to understand.
Cariati Law has helped numerous individuals and families get the compensation they deserve and to hold the responsible party accountable for their negligent actions. Because each case is unique, and some highly complex, the experienced medical malpractice lawyers at Cariati Law will make the time to listen to you, answer all your questions and outline the specific steps that must be undertaken prior to filing your claim.
Please contact us today to schedule your free, no obligation medical malpractice consultation. You have a legal right to compensation. Let Cariati Law help you get what you deserve.
Contact a Cariati Law medical malpractice lawyer in Ontario, Canada. Each and every Ontario, Canada injury & disability lawyer at our firm is innovative, aggressive and result-oriented when serving the diverse legal needs of our clients. Our lawyers are committed to protecting your rights.
Cariati Law, passion behind every case.
Click here for a Free Case Evaluation or call TOLL FREE: 1.888.629.8040